Pages

Search by artist, title or related text (try!)

Sunday 22 August 2010

Michel Colombier - Michel Colombier (1979)

From The Lost Record Covers Club

With a line-up of Tom Scott; Herbie Hancock; Michael Boddicker; Airto; Steve Gadd; Jaco Pastorius; Lee Ritenour; Michael Brecker this is a class act.  Colombier is a keyboard player and this (I think) was his first album. How it ended up on Chrysalis, a British, mainly rock and pop label, I have no idea.  I came across this when working in the pressing plant in Walthamstow in '79 and after a few listens was hooked.  Not usually my thing but it has stayed in my collection for 40 years so I must have some affection for it.  I do visit it now and again with mixed reactions! But then that's me and jazz generally. Not on CD.

Chrysalis: CHR 1212

No comments:

Post a Comment