Pages

Search by artist, title or related text (try!)

Friday 27 August 2010

Geoff Love Orchestra - Beatles Bach Bacharach Go Bossa

From The Lost Record Covers Club
The first album to convince me that non-star name MOR could be good.  I listened to a lot of music in my pre-teens - all of it owned by my family. My Mum had a wide spectrum to her taste but appreciated quality.  Through her I became a lover of MGM musicals, Lionel Bart, Barbra Streisand, his was one of hers.  My only knowledge of Geoff Love was that he was Max Bygraves' orchestra leader on his TV show (and the straight man for many awful jokes).  There are some great bossa nova arrangements here of tunes everyone knows.  The cover says it all.  Very much of the time.

Music For Pleasure - MFP 5206

No comments:

Post a Comment