Pages

Search by artist, title or related text (try!)

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Japan - Ghosts (1981)

From The Lost Record Covers Club
I missed out on Japan as they happened, really liking this but it was late in their career.  A guy at Bertlesmann gave me a copy of this and told me that i had to get into them - that I had missed something (I think I'd told him that they were a poor man's Duran Duran and I wasn't keen on them!)  He was right and "Assemblage" the collection issued by Ariola soon afterwards covering their earlier stuff proved that they were a force in their own right.  I loved this single and remember the "stop and listen moment" of them being on TOTPs.  I don't think they survived for much longer as a band after this.

Virgin - VS 472 (7" Single)

No comments:

Post a Comment