Pages

Search by artist, title or related text (try!)

Friday 13 May 2011

Roy Ayers - You Send Me (1979)

From The Lost Record Covers Club
When I first heard Roy Ayers it was as a new manufacturing controller at the Phonodisc factory, the marketing guy I worked with was astounded that I wasn't aware of Mr Ayers.  He set about putting me right - sending me all that he could find within the Polydor library.  By the time the tapes for this arrived I made sure I sat in on the cutting session, getting an early listen.  I have followed or reversed back through his career ever since and whilst the track "Everyone Loves The Sunshine" is the one often featured on compilations it is hardly the high point in my opinion.  My favourite comes from this album - "Can't You See Me" is the one for me.  Like all music perhaps it is where you hear the track concerned or how you came across it in the first place.

Polydor - 2391 365

No comments:

Post a Comment